Bmore

Bmore

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Baltimore Bashapalooza

Baltimore Bashapalooza... On occasion Baltimore UnWired will scan the internet for some tasty bits of good old Baltimore bashing.

Participant 96645: My Life As a Baltimore Lab Rat

really doesn't tear us up too much but apparently we are a "dying city"that necessitated "extraction of myself from Baltimore's ruin." The author loses her teaching job (Americorps?) so she signs up for medical studies to make a few bucks.
This article is as about a self-absorbed as one will find, with one Millennial Generation stereotype after another. It gets hilarious at the end when she imagines all her study data being remembered by all types of researchers....when in reality it is stored somewhere next to the Ark from the George Lucas movie in a federal warehouse somewhere. When I read this kind of stuff on bulletin boards or blogs I can't help but think our burg just simply isn't for the faint of heart. I remember back in the 80s in grad school me and my friends would sign up for these things. It was a way to get some run around Fells Point or tuition dough. I don't remember it triggering any existential crises.

Have fun in L.A.....you'll fit right in!